With energy prices dictated by global competitive forces, companies must reduce costs to improve profitability by effectively managing physical assets to minimize operating and maintenance costs and improve reliability and workflow efficiency. Whether your focus is on hydro, fossil, or nuclear generation; electric transmission and distribution; or oil and gas; DataCore implements scalable and innovative document management solutions that specifically meet the changing requirements of your business.
From designing and constructing new infrastructure to documenting and tracking all field modifications to your assets to comply with regulatory requirements, the solutions we implement help you promote operational excellence throughout your enterprise. DataCore implements solutions that help the energy industry:
- Easily manage an organizations drawings, manuals, procedures, specifications and other documents.
- Ensure that each document is always up to date and easily accessible.
- Streamline the change process with electronic markup, modification, routing and approval of documents.
With this EDM solution, productivity gains and increased safety and efficiency are achieved immediately, with a Return On Investment typically realized in about a year. Overall, operational excellence will improve through:
- Increasing your return on assets (ROA).
- Driving improved performance, creating more revenue.
- Sustaining lower production costs, creating better margins.
Just a few examples include:
- Improve profits by capturing documentation electronically, which reduces the staff, storage and reprographic costs of a manual system.
- Increase revenue by reducing problem resolution during outage times and compliance costs by avoiding events caused by inaccurate documentation or procedural problems.
- Increase productivity by reducing time spent accessing or managing change of documents, which also helps to enforce compliance of regulatory and quality standards.
- Enhance safety and quality by reducing errors with accurate, complete, and fast access to documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of data throughout the plants life electronically to eliminate lost information resulting from staff attrition or retirement.